– there’s some obvious upgrades in terms of animation quality (let’s see how long they can keep this up.
– gosh, even though I’m following the manga as well, seeing it in anime again doesn’t reduce the enjoyment value.
– in hindsight, I’m berating myself for not expecting Gintoki to be the only one unaffected, what with all the diligence-only virus
– it’s like that Zombrow episode again! (in a good way)
– sadly, looks like that’s the last we’ll see of Bishoujo Kagura and Moe Kyuubei.
– on the subject of Kyuubei, consider the plight of her and Zurako. Now recall the episode where Gintoki and Hijikata visit the crazy mad scientist of a dentist… let that sink in for a while…
– wait, the virus only affects those who are diligent/ ambitious, hence slacker Gin didn’t get it, but then him getting BanKai means he has been training, so how come he didn’t zomgthisisnotmakingsense…
Any case, in a nutshell:
Alternative idea: “I must Tsukkomi!” “No, Shinpachi, you are the Tsukkomi!” And the Shinpachi was a Wart.